Thursday, March 17, 2022

Help! Where is my tanzu cluster Plugin?

So you have lost your tanzu cluster Plugin after upgrading Tanzu CLI?

I tried to upgrade my TKG from version 1.4.2 to 1.5.1. One of the first step is to upgrade Tanzu CLI. Once upgraded, I realize that tanzu cluster plugin is missing! 😱 How can I manage my TKG cluster then? This did not happen when I did the upgrade from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2! 


Keep calm and carry on the upgrade steps! 😎


First of all, this is normal. TKG documentation states it. Well, it’s not easy to find, but it’s there. 😬

Reference:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Tanzu-Kubernetes-Grid/1.5/vmware-tanzu-kubernetes-grid-15/GUID-upgrade-tkg-management-cluster.html 

If you successfully upgrade TKG management cluster, on the final step the final process will install two additional plugins and now you get tanzu cluster plugin back. Cheers! 🍻

No comments:

Post a Comment